Join Our Team!
Youth & Family Services, Inc. Located in El Reno Oklahoma, strives to provide the best services possible to our clients and their families. We are always interested in speaking with experienced individuals about joining our team. Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@yfsok.org
We appreciate your interest and will review your materials carefully. Qualified applicants will be contacted with a request for an interview.
Foster Care Specialist
Our Foster care program is in need of a Foster Care Specialist. Our foster care program works to give homeless, neglected, and abused children improved opportunities for stability. This team works hard to build a seamless connection between the children in need of placement and the Foster Parent who will provide a loving, supportive, and safe home environment.
Working under the supervision of the Foster Care Coordinator, a Foster Care Specialists responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with foster parent trainings and special events
- Maintain all files assigned in compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies
- Maintain positive relationships within the community
- Act as liaison to foster families with DHS to promote communication
- Utilize best practice standards at all times
- Supply information of other supportive services and prevention programs to caregivers
- Monitor children in foster care homes
- Provide support on a weekly basis to foster families to enhance retention
- Conduct home studies on potential foster families
- Conduct case management and monthly in-home visits to assigned cases
- Provide crisis management services to families and children
- Provide on-call services on rotation
- Provide timely reports on all assigned cases
- Attend community coalitions and meetings as requested
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Foster Care experience preferred
- Experience working with volunteers, boards, and committees preferred
To apply or gain additional information please contact or send resume to Misty Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-262-6555.
Youth Care Worker
Youth & Family Services in El Reno, Oklahoma is looking for a full-time or part-time Youth Care Specialist to work in our Emergency Children’s Shelter that serves abused and homeless children ages 0-18. We are a fast-growing nonprofit organization who works to provide support for children, youth, and families in our community. Our Emergency Children’s Shelter runs 24 hours a day/365 days a year. We are in need of a second shift employee who is willing to work the 4 pm to midnight shift. Duties include but are not limited to providing care and supervision to children/youth in our shelter, providing nutritious meals and snacks for children/youth, interacting with children/youth and following a daily schedule, keeping logs and paperwork up-to-date, and periodically assisting in recreational trips for children/youth.
*We offer overtime pay at time and a half for those working full-time and holiday pay at double time for all employees who work during our allotted holidays.
*We have great benefits and offer any employee working over 24 hours per week Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. We also offer a retirement plan that we match up to 4%.
Email your resume to email@example.com or call Misty at 405-262-6555.