Join Our Team!
Youth & Family Services, Inc. Located in El Reno Oklahoma, strives to provide the best services possible to our clients and their families. We are always interested in speaking with experienced individuals about joining our team. Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@yfsok.org
We appreciate your interest and will review your materials carefully. Qualified applicants will be contacted with a request for an interview.
Direct Care Specialist
Youth & Family Services is currently looking for a dependable and punctual professional to join our team in the Caring Center Emergency Children’s Shelter. Candidate must enjoy working as a team to make a difference in a child’s life. Duties include providing care & supervision with children/youth, interacting in daily activities, following a daily schedule, and maintaining the shelter per licensing standards. Our Emergency Shelter is open 24 hours/day, 365 days a year. Candidate must be available for nights.
Education: Graduate from an accredited high school or a GED equivalency. Associates of Arts or BA/BS are preferred.
Experience: Experience in social work, youth orientated programs, or child/youth care is preferred. Minimum age of 21 is required.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
Foster Care Specialist
Our Foster care program is in need of a Foster Care Specialist. Our foster care program works to give homeless, neglected, and abused children improved opportunities for stability. This team works hard to build a seamless connection between the children in need of placement and the Foster Parent who will provide a loving, supportive, and safe home environment.
Working under the supervision of the Foster Care Coordinator, a Foster Care Specialists responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with foster parent training’s and special events
- Maintain all files assigned in compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies
- Maintain positive relationships within the community
- Act as liaison to foster families with DHS to promote communication
- Utilize best practice standards at all times
- Supply information of other supportive services and prevention programs to caregivers
- Monitor children in foster care homes
- Provide support on a weekly basis to foster families to enhance retention
- Conduct home studies on potential foster families
- Conduct case management and monthly in-home visits to assigned cases
- Provide crisis management services to families and children
- Provide on-call services on rotation
- Provide timely reports on all assigned cases
- Attend community coalitions and meetings as requested
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Good organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Foster Care experience preferred
- Experience working with volunteers, boards, and committees preferred