Join Our Team!
Youth & Family Services, Inc. Located in El Reno Oklahoma, strives to provide the best services possible to our clients and their families. We are always interested in speaking with experienced individuals about joining our team. Please send a resume and cover letter to HR@yfsok.org
We appreciate your interest and will review your materials carefully. Qualified applicants will be contacted with a request for an interview.
Foster Care Coordinator
Our Foster care program is in need of a Foster Care Coordinator. The YFS Uniting Families through Foster Care program works to give homeless, neglected, and abused children improved opportunities for stability. This team works hard to build a seamless connection between the children in need of placement and the Foster Parent who will provide a loving, supportive, and safe home environment.
The Foster Care Coordinator’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead a team of Foster Care workers to excellence in service delivery and compliance with licensing standards
- Coordinate and deliver training to foster parents
- Annually develop a robust family recruitment plan focused on the net gain of quality families. This plan will be creatively tailored to bet meet current needs from year to year and will include attendance of fairs, speaking engagements, public events, community meetings as needed on behalf of YFS, and other media/informational mediums.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory/accrediting agencies
- Assess appropriateness of potential foster families
- Process client referrals
- Assess appropriateness of child(ren) and identify suitable foster families
- Develop, grow, and maintain relationships within community
- Act as liaison to foster families with DHS to promote communication
- Encourage and promote best practice standards at all times
- Supply information of other supportive services and prevention programs to caregivers
- Assist in the development of positive relationships between Support Workers and foster parents
- Provide support and training to Foster Care workers and foster families to enhance retention
- Home study development on potential foster families
- Oversee case management and monthly in-home visits
- Provide crisis management services when needed
- Lead and/or coordinate Foster Care Program product drives and events
- Develop processes within the program to ensure efficient and streamlined workload for staff
- Effectively manage time and coaches team members through positive reinforcement and oversite to do the same.
- Activate projects with excitement while exciting team members around them
- Bring people together in positivity toward common and aggressive mission minded goals.
- Coach up other team members, giving helpful and timely correction and direction when needed.
- Make wise and timely decisions for the betterment of the YFS mission, including but not limited to: strategic planning, overall team member management, effective and efficient project management, and the arranging of the teams workload.
- Develop strategies to grow the program to ensure licensing standards and goals are met and exceeded each year
- Work cooperatively with the YFS development team to grow social media and community outreach for the program
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Excellent problems solving skills
- Leadership and managerial skills
- The ability rally a team, bring people together around a common goal to meet the needs of others
- Microsoft Office skills
- Confidence to make calls to public
- Good organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s Degree or extensive experience a in related field is preferred
- Experience working with children and families
To be determined by the Board of Directors at the beginning of each fiscal year and based on the availability of funds. The board of Directors may initiate other salary changes at their discretion.
To apply or gain additional information please contact or send resume to Misty Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-262-6555.
Direct Care Specialist
Youth & Family Services is currently looking for a dependable and punctual professional to join our team in the Caring Center Emergency Children’s Shelter. Candidate must enjoy working as a team to make a difference in a child’s life. Duties include providing care & supervision with children/youth, interacting in daily activities, following a daily schedule, and maintaining the shelter per licensing standards. Our Emergency Shelter is open 24 hours/day, 365 days a year. Candidate must be available for nights.
Education: Graduate from an accredited high school or a GED equivalency. Associates of Arts or BA/BS are preferred.
Experience: Experience in social work, youth orientated programs, or child/youth care is preferred. Minimum age of 21 is required.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour